October 28, 2015

Off Track: Things You Can't Have

I was once told that we should never ever listen to a particular song when we are doing something we don't want to remember. Still, I always end up doing the same mistakeLast night, I was mentally tired and I could not help myself but replayed a song, again and again.

The song made me feel like a glass half full that no matter how much water one pours in, it can never be full.

Sometimes we want something that we can't have. We want someone to fill our glass although you know your line and the other's line can never meet.

People who can't stay are like the songs I play when doing something I know I don't want to remember.
I want to enjoy that brief moment of knowing that we can live those three minutes, although we know it will hurt. I want to replay that and keep it in my head, hum it when no one is around, and close my eyes to feel it closer to my heart.

After that, the song will stuck, and the feelings you've invested too much in it become permanent marker written on the melodies, reminding you of how much you tried not to replay but you were just that curious until you drank too much of it.

Until you are no longer a glass half full because right now...

...you are just that empty.